1. Can you apply for a gift voucher and how do you apply?
The Hyvä Joulumieli gift vouchers are a Christmas present and you can’t apply for it. The vouchers are distributed to families in need by the local associations of the Mannerheim League for Child Welfare and the Finnish Red Cross. The organizations work together with the local child health clinics, social services and the church’s diaconial work to find families that need help.
2. Who can get a gift voucher?
A family that has at least one child under the age of 18 living at home, and is living in Finland, and is in need due to for instance unemployment, illness, debt, low income or some other kind of crisis.
There is a limited number of gift vouchers and unfortunately the campaign can’t help every family that would be eligible.
3. When is the gift vouchers distributed?
The families that the campaign will help are carefully selected and therefore the families are selected early on, as early as in October/November. So that the families will get the help in time for Christmas, the vouchers are distributed to the families in the beginning of December.
4. What can you buy with the voucher?
The gift voucher is worth 70 euro and you can only buy food supplies with it. You can’t buy tobacco or alcohol. The vouchers are valid in K-Citymarket, K-extra, K-market och K-supermarket, Lidl, Alepa, Prisma, Sale, S-market and Stockmann Herkku. The whole voucher has to be used at once and you have to show identification when using the voucher.
5. When is the voucher valid?
The voucher is valid from the 7th of December until 26th of December.
6. Can you use the voucher with power of attorney?
The principal is, that it is the person whose name is on the voucher who has to use it. However, one can for a very good reason give power of attorney to another person. The power of attorney has to be very clear and have both signature and print name of the person in whose name the voucher is. The accredited person’s social security number has to be written on the voucher and the accredited person has to show identification when using the voucher. The power of attorney has to be kept with the gift voucher.
7. Can you get a gift voucher more than once?
For a very good reason the same family can get a gift voucher more than once.
8. How can you donate to the campaign?
- By donating through the campaign’s website
- By paying any sum directly to the campaign’s account: IBAN FI17 1596 3000 2020 20. Use referencenumber 5429.
- By calling the campaign number 0600 16555 you will give 10,01 e + standard local network rate / standard mobile network rate.
- By texting HJM to the number 16499 (10 e).
9. Can organizations and companies donate to the campaign?
All kinds of corporate donations are appreciated. Businesses can contribute by donating directly to the campaign account IBAN FI17 1596 3000 2020 20 (BIC NDEAFIHH). Use the referencenumber 5429.
Organizations and companies can also donate directly on the website or request an invoice.
10. How can the company communicate that it has donated to the campaign?
Organizations and companies can tell about the donation through its own information channels. All companies that donate at least 1000 euro to the campaign will get access to “We proudly support the Hyvä Joulumieli -keräys 2018” -banners, that can be used on the company website or in other electronic communication.
Yle morning tv-show aamu-tv follows the progress of the campaign daily, starting from the 22nd of November until 21st December, when the campaign result is announced. All companies that donate at least 1500 euro, will get their name and donation shown in aamu-tv.
We ask companies that donate at least 1000 euro to inform us about the donation so that we can send you the banners and companies that donate at least 1500 to ensure your visibility in aamu-tv. Please send information about your donation to: joulumieli(at)punainenristi.fi
11. Is there a minimum donation?
All donations are appreciated, big or small. Every euro helps us to bring Christmas spirit to families in need.
12. How much of the donations are used for campaign expenses?
All donations go directly to the good cause. Only banking fees and fees for the techniques are withdrawn. The Mannerheim League for Child Welfare, the Finnish Red Cross and the Finnish Broadcasting Company Yle pay for other expenses.
13. How do you know how much the campaign will raise and how many vouchers it results in?
The campaign has a goal of 2 million euro, which equals to 28 000 gift vouchers of 70 euro each. If this goal isn’t met, and if there isn’t enough funds left from the year before, the organizers will pay the difference.
14. If the campaign does better than its goal, will there be more vouchers given after Christmas?
If the campaign goal would be exceeded, the money will be reserved for next year’s vouchers.
National Police Board permit numbers POL-2015-12549/5.2.2016 and POL-2016-12293/7.9.2016. Valid 5.2.2016–31.12.2020 in the whole of Finland, with the exception of Åland Islands. Government of Åland permit number ÅLR 2017/7556/26.10.2017. Purpose of the fundraising: To help families with children in Finland, that are in need due to poor economy.